Anna Golawski is a senior consultant, coach and trainer on resilience, managing stress & pressure and improving mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
She joined byrne-dean in 2015 and has over 20 years’ experience working for large corporates (including Harrods, IBM and Rolls Royce) and brings with her strong HR and commercial experience.
Anna is particularly interested in helping corporate organisations and their employees to better manage stress and performance in the workplace. She specialises in training and coaching in ‘mental toughness’ and ‘resilience’ and, with the help of a Mental Toughness psychometric tool, she is able to identify stress-points and challenges affecting organisations and individuals. In turn, she uses this information to inform and assist those organisations and their employees to better target and manage workplace issues and stress, improve confidence, and perform under pressure.
In 2015 Anna underwent emergency surgery on her spine to remove a severely slipped disc which had cut into a nerve. The operation was successful, however the nerve damage had been done and she lost most of the feeling and movement in her lower right leg. Six months after surgery she was informed that it was highly unlikely that she would ever be able to walk properly again. This was devastating news to receive from which it took a while to recover. It was a struggle physically, but also very much mentally. Anna has recovered her walking and in the process gained insight on the impact (and interconnectedness) of difficult physical and mental health problems, as well as how to develop the resilience to recover and support others.
Anna is a published author on the topic of Mental Toughness and has written several coaching articles for magazines. She is regularly consulted for comment by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Henley Management College: MBA
- University of Chester: PG Cert in Business & Personal Coaching
- Chichester College: Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
- Sheffield Hallam University: BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Sheffield Hallam University: Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- 1992 – 1993: Training Officer, Rolls Royce (Aerospace)
- 1994 – 1995: Recruitment Manager, Harrods
- 1995 – 2008: Marketing Manager, IBM
- 2008 – date: Business Coach, Stratus Coaching Ltd
- 2015 – date: Associate at byrne-dean