My world of work has changed quite dramatically over the past couple of years. I could never have imagined that one day I would end up working with an organisation that really wants to make a difference. At its heart, byrne·dean is about creating kinder, fairer, more productive workplaces and to play my part in this great time of change, is extremely rewarding and very satisfying.
My career spans a mix of commercial roles across print publishing, internet and digital environments. I have worked with some of the largest business to business publishers here in the UK and more recently, a global role working with one of the world’s leading technology providers.
I fully understand what it’s like to be part of a driven organisation that expects only the very best from its people. I’ve worked in highly pressurised, fast paced environments, steered heavily by key targets, and performance indicators. Responsibilities included line management, training and mentoring in addition to revenue growth and maximising profits. Resilience was a key attribute and there was very little room for failure.
In 2017 I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder. My work/life balance was completely off kilter and my mental health bore the brunt of this. As part of my recovery I found myself retraining to become a Mental Health First Aid facilitator and what followed was a complete change in career with many new pathways opening up before me.
Drawing on both personal and professional lived experience, I take pride in making all facilitations as interactive and interesting as possible. I have a good understanding of the challenges faced by commercial organisations, their leaders and their people.
Outside of work you’ll most likely find me walking my dog across the South Downs, or breaking bread around the dinner table with friends and family alike.
- 2019: ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – Grassroots
- 2017: Mental Health First Aid Instructor, Adult Two Day – MHFA England
- 1999: BA (Hons) Business Management Studies – Cardiff University
- 1999 – 2001: Classifieds, Regional Press
- 2001 – 2001: Media Executive, Mediaedge:cia
- 2001 – 2003: Sales Executive, Centaur Communications
- 2003 – 2005: Senior Sales Executive, Redactive Media Group
- 2005 – 2011: National Account Manager, RELX Group,
- 2012 – 2013: Sales Manager, LoveLocal
- 2013 – 2017: Account Director, Madgex
- 2017 – 2019: Trainer-Facilitator, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England
- 2019: Joined byrne·dean