I love to help other people – whether that is through just listening to them, supporting them or providing them with tools or information that they may find valuable. This is probably pretty useful, given that I am a psychotherapist.
I didn’t start my career as a therapist though – I joined byrne·dean early 2018 after having spent several years working as a finance lawyer at a range of international law firms and investment banks, including White and Case and Addleshaw Goddard. I really enjoyed my job as a lawyer but in the fast-paced corporate environment I also became aware that so many of my peers were chronically stressed, anxious, depressed, tired… and I was not doing much better myself.
So I became passionate about learning tools and strategies to improve and manage the state of my own physical and mental health and to help those around me. I became so passionate about this stuff, I probably signed up to do a bit too much training: I decided to do a masters in nutrition for public health, training to become a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, meditation teacher training, a biomedicine diploma and training in neuro-linguistic programming… it was definitely worth it though!
Delivering mental health and resilience-building training with byrne·dean enables me to help so many people – and for this I am incredibly grateful!
- University College, Oxford University – Law with French Law LLB
- BPP – Legal Practice Couse
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – Masters in Nutrition for Public Health
- National College of Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy – Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- British School of Meditation – Meditation and mindfulness teacher training
- CNM – Biomedicine Diploma
- 2011-2013: Trainee, White and Case
- 2013-2015: Associate, White and Case
- 2015-2016: Legal consultant, D2 Legal Technology
- 2016-2017: Legal consultant, HSBC
- 2017-2018: Associate, Addleshaw Goddard
- 2018-present: Associate byrne·dean