This site covers our mental health related work. For details of out other work please click here.
Unpacking mental health
These sessions are aimed at all staff and are the essential foundation for other work. Content will always be tailored for our audience, but the main objectives are to:
• enable participants to understand that mental health and wellbeing is relevant to us all and fundamental to how we all perform at work;
• empower and enable participants to understand and notice how they are, and how others may appear;
• provide language, dispel myths and reduce stigma surrounding mental illness;
• provide ways to promote positive wellbeing and avoid unhelpful thinking;
• enable participants to recognise the warning signs of deteriorating mental health; and
• signpost participants to appropriate help, internally and externally.
Mental Health First Aid
Licensed and accredited by Mental Health First Aid for England, the course trains and equips people to act as mental health first aiders in the same way as we are used to having physical first aiders. The course equips delegates to have the knowledge and confidence to approach issues in the workplace and elsewhere, understand what may be happening, assess the situation, provide reassurance, listen non-judgmentally and help the person towards self and/or professional help. Importantly, it also offers participants the space and opportunity to reflect on and discuss their own experience and understanding of mental health and wellbeing in a safe and supportive environment.